Limited Lifetime Warranty
Thank you for choosing the All About Windows Defogging solution. We have a high level of confidence in our service and are pleased to offer the following Limited Lifetime Warranty to all residential and commercial de-fogging customers. The warranty begins immediately upon completion of the All About Windows Defogging service and receipt of payment.
- The warranty is fully transferable as long as the original receipt is produced for any warranty claims.
- All claims must be made in writing or via email to the All About Windows affiliate within 30 days of noticing any problem. The warranty covers against the accumulation of moisture although it is common for windows to re-fog temporarily with fluctuations of temperature until the desiccant within the spacer is completely dry.
- A refund* of the price of defogging a unit if, after all, measures are taken, the moisture cannot be removed from between window panes.
*The refund will be at the sole discretion of All About Windows Defogging.
Factors Affecting The Drying Of A Window Are As Follows:
- Type of window ie: triple pane windows can hold more moisture than dual pane (several cups of water)
- Stage the window is at prior to the de-fogging treatment. See Stages of Window Seal Failure
- Orientation on the building
- Poor ventilation ie: window shadowed by tree/bush, seal blockage, cladding
- Humidity level
- Time of year treatment is done. N.B. windows treated from September until end of season will have membranes applied the following spring.
This warranty does not cover any damage or defect due to misuse, abuse, or accident such as:
- Unauthorized modifications including use of heat source on treated window such as hairdryer or heat gun
- Damage caused by chemicals, salt, acid rain, airborne pollutants or application of corrosive substances
- Stains, etching or pitting on glass caused by existing mineral deposits +/or desiccant
- Seepage due to improper caulking or faulty trim including but not limited to improper maintenance of paint
- Fire, flood, acts of nature or other contingencies beyond the control of All About Windows Defogging including shifting of building.
- The breakage of a tempered glass unit if not clearly marked.
- On rare occasions, the Low E coating of some windows becomes compromised as the window fails and may have an adverse reaction to our solutions. This is considered a pre-existing condition and is not covered under this warranty.
- The silver and brass coloured grills may discolour or peel due to exposure to the UV rays. Occasionally this may be exacerbated by our solutions. This is considered a pre-existing condition and is not covered under this warranty.
- If a window breaks during our service, it will be replaced with a comparable one to the original, where practicable but the customer shall still be responsible for the cost of the de-fogging service. N.B. As stated in previous section, this does not apply to tempered glass which is not clearly marked as such.
- All About Windows Defogging will advise customers as to the realistic expectation they should have regarding the result of having their window(s) de-fogged. The cleaning solutions can rid windows of some stains but residual may remain.