Thank you for choosing the All About Windows Defogging solution. We have a high level of confidence in our service and are pleased to offer the following Limited Lifetime Warranty to all residential and commercial de-fogging customers. The warranty begins immediately upon completion of the All About Windows Defogging service and receipt of payment.
a. The warranty is fully transferable as long as the original receipt is produced for any warranty claims.
b. All claims must be made in writing or via email to the All About Windows Defogging dealer within 30 days of noticing any problem. The warranty covers against the accumulation of moisture although it is common for windows to re-fog temporarily with fluctuations of temperature.
c. A refund* of the price of defogging a unit if, after all measures are taken, the moisture cannot be removed from between window panes. *The refund will be at the sole discretion of All About Windows Defogging.
Factors affecting the drying of a window are as follows:
- Type of window ie: triple pane windows can hold more moisture than dual pane (several cups of water)
- Stage the window is at prior to the de-fogging treatment. See below
- Orientation on the building
- Poor ventilation ie: window is shadowed by tree/bush, seal blockage, cladding
- Humidity level
- Time of year treatment is done
This warranty does not cover any damage or defect due to misuse, abuse or accident such as:
- Unauthorized modifications including use of heat source on treated window ie: hairdryer, heat gun
- Damage caused by chemicals, salt, acid rain, airborne pollutants or application of corrosive substances
- Stains, etching or pitting on glass caused by existing mineral deposits +/or desiccant
- Seepage due to improper caulking or faulty trim including but not limited to improper maintenance of paint
- Fire, flood, acts of nature or other contingencies beyond the control of All About Windows Defogging, including shifting of building.
- The breakage of tempered glass if not clearly marked
- On rare occasions, the Low E coating of some windows becomes compromised as the window fails and may have an adverse reaction to our solutions. This is considered a pre-existing condition and is not covered under this warranty.
- If a window breaks during our service, there will be no charge applied for defogging that window
- All About Windows Defogging will advise customers as to the realistic expectation they should have regarding the result of having their window(s) de-fogged. The cleaning solutions can rid windows of some stains but residual may remain.
AFTER THE ALL ABOUT WINDOWS DEFOGGING TREATMENT
An All About Windows Defogging certified technician has just re-engineered your window(s). The visible moisture was only part of the the problem. Our system will now allow the desiccant under the spacer to release the moisture held within. It is common for windows to re-fog intermittently while the desiccant is releasing residual moisture. N.B. This may show as frost in the winter. This is a natural part of the drying process. The membranes will allow any residual moisture to be expelled in the form of vapour.
Stage 1 – Fog shows briefly and then disappears leaving no signs
Stage 2 – Light fog throughout; looks grey
Stage 3 – Fog gets thicker and droplets form
Stage 4 – Droplets run down glass and begin to leave mineral deposits
Stage 5 – Glass has thick dry water stains and spacer may have deteriorated